Trying to finish your holiday shopping? Giving our children the gift of our own stories and culture featured in these books is an amazing gift- to both the children in your lives and to yourself!
Huffington Post’s Latino Voices Editor Tanisha Love Ramirez shares these recommendations: 10 Holiday Children’s Books Latinos Will Love
When my daughter was younger (and wanted to read with me), we’d love to read Gary Soto’s Too Many Tamales during Christmas time. Its definitely one of my favorite memories of her childhood. When I bought the books for her, I didn’t realize I was buying an opportunity to create memories that would outlast her childhood. They’re beautiful memories that I am reflecting on now that she’s a teenager and old enough to plan her first Ugly Sweater Party.
Things have changed. Time flies. Create memories with books. You won’t regret it. Feliz Navidad, Comadres!
If you know of a local bookstore where you can buy the books in time for Xmas, please share it here or on our LA Comadre Facebook Page.
Alma V. Marquez
Latest posts by Alma V. Marquez (see all)
- Algunos Distritos Luchan por Encontrar Fondos para Suministros Básicos, pero DeVos Está Considerando Permitir Que los Fondos Federales Armen a los Maestros - August 23, 2018
- Some Districts Struggle to Find Funds for Basic Supplies, But DeVos is Considering Allowing Federal Funds to Arm Teachers - August 23, 2018
- El Plan de Trump, para Terminar Con los Lineamientos de Política de la Era Obama, Sobre la Acción Afirmativa es Hipócrita, Dado los Pases Que él Recibe - July 9, 2018
- Trump’s Plan to End Obama-era Policy Guidelines on Affirmative Action Is Hypocritical Given The Passes that He Receives - July 5, 2018
- Austin Beutner Sería Un Campeón Para los Niños, Como Superintendente de LAUSD - April 19, 2018