Trying to finish your holiday shopping? Giving our children the gift of our own stories and culture featured in these books is an amazing gift- to both the children in your lives and to yourself!
Huffington Post’s Latino Voices Editor Tanisha Love Ramirez shares these recommendations: 10 Holiday Children’s Books Latinos Will Love
When my daughter was younger (and wanted to read with me), we’d love to read Gary Soto’s Too Many Tamales during Christmas time. Its definitely one of my favorite memories of her childhood. When I bought the books for her, I didn’t realize I was buying an opportunity to create memories that would outlast her childhood. They’re beautiful memories that I am reflecting on now that she’s a teenager and old enough to plan her first Ugly Sweater Party.
Things have changed. Time flies. Create memories with books. You won’t regret it. Feliz Navidad, Comadres!
If you know of a local bookstore where you can buy the books in time for Xmas, please share it here or on our LA Comadre Facebook Page.
Alma V. Marquez
Latest posts by Alma V. Marquez (see all)
- La Comadre y Ayudantes de Santa Trae Alegría en Grande al Sudeste de LA - December 28, 2017
- La Comadre and Santa’s Helpers Bring Epic Joy to Southeast LA - December 23, 2017
- Taking the Bull by the Horns: Vivan Los Doyers! - November 1, 2017
- Another Year Older & I’m Grateful - July 17, 2017
- Nuestros Hijos, Nuestras Expectativas: Una Lista de Tareas Pendientes Para el Nuevo Consejo Escolar de LAUSD - May 18, 2017