Lincoln High School student Cedrick Argueta is one of 12 students in the WORLD to get a perfect score on the AP Calculus test. A child of immigrants from El Salvador and the Philippines, Cedrick’s mother works two jobs and his father is a maintenance worker. They are supportive of Cedrick’s dreams of attending Caltech and working for NASA.
Cedrick took the test along with 302,531 other students worldwide. Cedrick had been preparing for the AP test much like an athlete with after-school practice up for 4 hours a day. In addition to practicing daily, he worked closely with his AP Calculus classmates and teacher. His math teacher Anthony Yom has been teaching AP Calculus for five years at Lincoln and he has had a 100 percent pass rate for his students who take the exam. The entire school community is celebrating this incredible accomplishment.
This is such a great example of excellence in LAUSD Schools! Its proof that when children are provided excellent teachers, working class students can thrive. As Moms, Tias and Ninas, our dream is that more of our children are prepared to take the AP exam and prepared to succeed in college by LAUSD schools.
Today, we celebrate Cedrick as though he was all of our sons! Felicidades from LA Comadre!!
Hear more on this story here: http://www.scpr.org/programs/take-two/2016/01/28/46110/lincoln-heights-senior-gets-perfect-score-on-ap-ca/
Alma V. Marquez
Latest posts by Alma V. Marquez (see all)
- Austin Beutner Sería Un Campeón Para los Niños, Como Superintendente de LAUSD - April 19, 2018
- Austin Beutner Would Be A Champion For Kids As LAUSD Superintendent - April 18, 2018
- La Comadre y Ayudantes de Santa Trae Alegría en Grande al Sudeste de LA - December 28, 2017
- La Comadre and Santa’s Helpers Bring Epic Joy to Southeast LA - December 23, 2017
- Taking the Bull by the Horns: Vivan Los Doyers! - November 1, 2017