ICYMI: Cadet Kevin Ardon was commended by the LAPD Hollenbeck Community Police Station where he received the Lifesaving Medal Award and the Police Commission Distinguished Service Medal. Ardon, a student at Anahuacalmecac University Preparatory High*, was honored for life-saving services to the community. Ardon is a Cadet Sergeant with LAPD as well as an LAFD Cadet.
Ardon rendered life-saving medical treatment to an unknown victim in Boyle Heights while driving in the area. His heroic measures were deemed life-saving, and we are proud that his story has been featured on CBS News via the People making a Difference segment! (Click to watch the video)
As an additional FYI to our readers, the school this courageous young man attends is a local Charter School in Los Angeles that has fought hard to keep its doors opens to these amazing kids and future civic and public servants.
*“Anahuacalmecac International University Preparatory of North America is dedicated to student academic excellence, Native wisdom, and appreciation of the cultural and intellectual heritage of Indigenous Peoples and the promotion of positive social awareness. (School Mission)”
La Comadre Congratulates Cadet Ardon and the Semillas Community Schools family! You make us proud!
Latest posts by Leticia Chavez-Garcia (see all)
- Pasando la Basura: Por qué a los Depredadores Sexuales Todavía se les Permite Enseñar en Nuestras Escuelas - October 18, 2018
- You Might Not Be Fully Aware of Your Students’ Rights When It Comes to School Discipline - October 18, 2018
- El Gobernador Brown Rechazó el Bill de Exámenes ACT / SAT - October 17, 2018
- $200 Bet: Do Charter School Teachers Have Credentials? - October 16, 2018
- LAUSD y UTLA se Acercan a Una Huelga - October 15, 2018