ICYMI: Cadet Kevin Ardon was commended by the LAPD Hollenbeck Community Police Station where he received the Lifesaving Medal Award and the Police Commission Distinguished Service Medal. Ardon, a student at Anahuacalmecac University Preparatory High*, was honored for life-saving services to the community. Ardon is a Cadet Sergeant with LAPD as well as an LAFD Cadet.
Ardon rendered life-saving medical treatment to an unknown victim in Boyle Heights while driving in the area. His heroic measures were deemed life-saving, and we are proud that his story has been featured on CBS News via the People making a Difference segment! (Click to watch the video)
As an additional FYI to our readers, the school this courageous young man attends is a local Charter School in Los Angeles that has fought hard to keep its doors opens to these amazing kids and future civic and public servants.
*“Anahuacalmecac International University Preparatory of North America is dedicated to student academic excellence, Native wisdom, and appreciation of the cultural and intellectual heritage of Indigenous Peoples and the promotion of positive social awareness. (School Mission)”
La Comadre Congratulates Cadet Ardon and the Semillas Community Schools family! You make us proud!
Latest posts by Leticia Chavez-Garcia (see all)
- Betsy DeVos Is About to Throw English Language Learners Under the Bus - August 16, 2018
- Los Miembros de la Junta Escolar Deben Pensar Más Cuidadosamente, Antes de Negar las Peticiones de las Escuela Charter - August 15, 2018
- Rosalie Ávila Obtiene su Día, Día de la Prevención de Bullying - August 13, 2018
- School Board Members Need to Think More Carefully Before Denying Charter School Petitions - August 13, 2018
- Welcome To Your Subpar Middle School: Banning Teachers Start School Year With a Strike - August 10, 2018