On what many had anticipated would be a DACA Doomsday scenario where Trump eliminates DACA, the White House has announced a postponement on the announcement regarding DACA. The news came shortly after key Republicans, including Paul Ryan, made aggressive appeals to the President NOT to scrap DACA and to hold off on plans to announce the elimination of the program today.
Ryan went on the air of his hometown radio station and when asked about the imminent decision by the President, he said, “I actually don’t think he should do that,” Ryan said of Trump’s consideration of terminating the program. “I believe that this is something that Congress has to fix.” He also went on to ask the President to hold off on ending it.
The business community also chimed in to support keeping DACA and urging the President not to end DACA. Mark Zuckerberg (FaceBook CEO) posted this yesterday:
Meanwhile, the President has been asked repeatedly what his intentions are toward the over 800,00 people that could be affected by the latest policy disasters provided by the anti-christ, excuse me, President.
Asked whether he’s made a decision on DACA, Trump said: “Sometime today, maybe over the weekend.”
“We love the Dreamers,” he said.
Okay, well love is a verb! Actions, Mr. President, speak louder than words! We continue to hope and pray that he does the right thing by our undocumented young people.
Everyone must also continue to keep the pressure on by voicing loudly support for DACA. Donald Trump can be directly tweeted @realdonaldtrump on Twitter and you can follow the latest on social media with the #DefendDACA hashtag.
Latest posts by Leticia Chavez-Garcia (see all)
- Q.E.P.D. El Examen de Egreso de Preparatoria de California 2006-2017 - October 19, 2017
- ¿Dónde Está la Indignación Durante la Evaluación de Rendimiento de los Estudiantes y El Resultado del Progreso (CAASPP) de California? - October 12, 2017
- RIP California High School Exit Exam 2006-2017 - October 12, 2017
- Where Is the Outrage Over the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) Results? - October 11, 2017
- Postura Hipócrita de UTLA el Dr. Ref Rodríguez - September 25, 2017