The California Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC) has closed a conflict of interest case made against Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) School Board Member, Dr. Ref Rodriguez. Citing the criminal case as the reason for the closure, the FPPC has dismissed the case without prejudice.
In the meantime, Dr. Ref Rodriguez will be in Los Angeles County Superior Court on Tuesday morning at 8:30 am to answer to the conspiracy charges filed by the Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office against him. He stands accused of donating money to his campaign via friends and family.
It will be interesting to see if, in fact, the DA has the goods on Ref Rodriguez or if the entire investigation has been politically motivated. If the DA comes to court with no plea proposition or unready to move forward and calls for a continuance, then we will know their true intent.
La Comadre is following this case closely and will provide updates as the case unfolds.
We are all in this together with you. We want to be a resource for you and for all of the children you love. Whether you need some info or you have info to share, you know where to go…LA Comadre.
Latest posts by lacomadre (see all)
- Los Ángeles Ahora Tiene un Sistema de Solicitud Común para Escuelas Chárter - October 11, 2018
- Mamá, Latina y la Organizadora Myrna Castrejón, Lidera la Asociación de Escuelas Chárter de California - October 8, 2018
- Los Angeles Now Has a Common Application System For Charter Schools - October 5, 2018
- Regla de Carga Pública: La Administración de Trump, Planea Negar el Estatus Legal, a los Inmigrantes que Usan Asistencia Pública - October 3, 2018
- Nuevo Informe Muestra que las Escuelas Chárter están Teniendo Éxito con Estudiantes de Bajos Ingresos y Minorías - October 2, 2018