Honestly, I think UTLA is the most hypocritical organization I have ever witnessed. The latest is this bogus legal request to force LAUSD board member, Dr. Ref Rodriguez, to recuse himself because they don’t like him. Yes, that’s really what this is. Don’t let this ridiculous notion about who supported him for election fool you. I mean, come on, how can they even say it with a straight face? If a court forces a recusal, that will be the precedent setting authority to finally do what has needed to be done for years! It will literally open the door for demanding recusals from the union bought members to not have the right to vote on contracts. Right! Because that would be a conflict of interest, by UTLA logic!
The facts are, that whether they like it or not, the board member in question, Ref Rodriguez is still a member and has not been convicted of anything! That said, I was thinking the other day that he should probably just resign. His colleagues have even recently asked him to take a leave of absence, which is also ridiculous because there is no merit for such a leave. So I was thinking maybe it would be less of a distraction if he did. But now I am just really pissed off at the audacity of the union. These are the same people that defend to the death, child molesters!
For the record, he has not been plagued by phone calls, emails or letters from constituents to resign. People have not swarmed to the board meetings to call for his resignation. His constituents show up to his events and they still have lots of love for him, despite the controversy around him. In fact, the only ones calling for his resignation, is the union. Quite frankly, I am now convinced he should stay on. He was elected by the people and supported by many, much like those that have been financed by the teacher’s unions. If child rapists and sexual predators can be protected until they are convicted, why shouldn’t an elected member of the board enjoy the same rights.
I will be looking for the court to deny the silly request for Ref Rodriguez to recuse himself. It would be highly out of line and would open a can of worms regarding campaign supporters.
Latest posts by Leticia Chavez-Garcia (see all)
- Huelga del LAUSD: ¿Cuál es la Historia Real? Ex Maestra, Ex Miembro del Consejo Escolar y Mamá Nos Los Explica - September 17, 2018
- LAUSD Strike: What’s the Real Story? Former Teacher, Former School Board Member, and Mom Breaks It Down - September 13, 2018
- La Escuela Inland Empire Entregará $ 15.7 Millones para el Arreglo de Casos de Abuso Sexual, pero quedan Dudas Sobre lo que se Está Haciendo para Proteger a los Estudiantes - September 4, 2018
- Inland Empire School Dishes Out $15.7 Million in Sex Abuse Case Settlement, But Questions Remain About What Is Being Done To Protect Students - August 29, 2018
- Betsy DeVos Está Por Quitarle los Derechos a los Estudiantes Aprendices del Idioma Inglés - August 23, 2018