So this happened. I was curious as to why UTLA would be tagged. Silly me. I forgot that State Senator Tony Mendoza, who has recently been named in sexual misconduct allegations, is bought and paid for by the teachers lobby! Specifically, he has strong ties to UTLA. Surprise, surprise!
Apparently, the Senator wants UTLA to know that he is still out there to do its bidding as he faces growing calls to resign and as sexual abuse allegations pile up against him and campaign money laundering charges come to the fore! And we have been told that there are more coming.
Speaking of money laundering, remember that time when UTLA called on Ref Rodriguez of the LAUSD School Board to resign over charges not yet proven? Well, I sure do. And yet, the union’s puppet is actually prosecuted and then subsequently fined hefty fees for campaign finance violations, and UTLA is…crickets!
What irks me even more is the hypocrisy of Tony Mendoza not addressing the allegations against him and wanting to cover them up while opening up an audit committee on a thriving charter school to suck up to the teacher lobby!
This image comes from Senator Mendoza’s post on Facebook, and at first, I had wondered why UTLA was in the hashtag. Then I realized that I had just answered my own question. After all, UTLA is notorious for giving a pass to perpetrators and perverts.
Latest posts by Leticia Chavez-Garcia (see all)
- Artes y Humanidades Bajo Ataque de Nuevo Después de que Retratos de Obama se Dieron a Conocer - February 16, 2018
- Arts and Humanities Under Attack Again After Obama Portraits Were Unveiled - February 13, 2018
- Sin Una Solución a DACA, la Escasez de Maestros Podría Empeorar - February 12, 2018
- Without a DACA Fix, the Teacher Shortage Could Worsen - February 9, 2018
- Lo Que Pienso Sobre Gregory Salcido, Concejal de Pico Rivera y Maestro de la Preparatoria El Rancho - February 7, 2018