Michelle King, the superintendent of the Los Angeles Unified School District, has announced that she will be retiring in June, citing continued health issues and confirming that she is battling cancer.
As you may be aware, King has been on sick leave for some time due to an “undisclosed illness” that was rumored to be cancer.
The following message was tweeted today by the LAUSD Board of Education:
Statement by L.A. Unified School Board of Education on the superintendent’s retirement.
“We wholeheartedly support her decision to retire, and will continue to keep her in our thoughts and prayers as she faces the challenges ahead.”
We are all in this together with you. We want to be a resource for you and for all of the children you love. Whether you need some info or you have info to share, you know where to go…LA Comadre.
Latest posts by lacomadre (see all)
- It’s More than Just a College Sweater - April 27, 2018
- La Corte Vota a Favor de DACA Nuevamente - April 25, 2018
- Court Rules in Favor of DACA Again - April 25, 2018
- Seis Madres del Valle de San Fernando Fueron Honradas Con el Premio de Voluntario del Año por la Asociación de Escuelas Chárter de California - April 20, 2018
- Junta Unificada de Educación de Los Ángeles Aprueba $25 Millones para los Estudiantes Con Mayor Necesidad - April 19, 2018