Michelle King, the superintendent of the Los Angeles Unified School District, has announced that she will be retiring in June, citing continued health issues and confirming that she is battling cancer.
As you may be aware, King has been on sick leave for some time due to an “undisclosed illness” that was rumored to be cancer.
The following message was tweeted today by the LAUSD Board of Education:
Statement by L.A. Unified School Board of Education on the superintendent’s retirement.
“We wholeheartedly support her decision to retire, and will continue to keep her in our thoughts and prayers as she faces the challenges ahead.”
We are all in this together with you. We want to be a resource for you and for all of the children you love. Whether you need some info or you have info to share, you know where to go…LA Comadre.
Latest posts by lacomadre (see all)
- Perfil de Luchadora: Conozca a Hilda Maldonado, la Latina de Más Alto Rango en LAUSD - August 20, 2018
- Luchadora Profile: Meet Hilda Maldonado, the Highest Ranking Latina in LAUSD - August 17, 2018
- Panel de 3 Jueces Dictaminan Contra la Orden Ejecutiva “Jurisdicciones Santuario” de Trump, del 25 de Enero de 2017, Una Victoria para Nuestras Comunidades - August 7, 2018
- 3 Judge Panel Rules Against Trump’s “Sanctuary Jurisdictions” Executive Order of January 25 2017, A Win For Our Communities - August 6, 2018
- Un Cafecito y Platica: Lakisha Young, de Oakland, ha Terminado de Esperar a Superman y Está Lista Para Que los Padres Tomen el Liderazgo - July 24, 2018