Michelle King, the superintendent of the Los Angeles Unified School District, has announced that she will be retiring in June, citing continued health issues and confirming that she is battling cancer.
As you may be aware, King has been on sick leave for some time due to an “undisclosed illness” that was rumored to be cancer.
The following message was tweeted today by the LAUSD Board of Education:
Statement by L.A. Unified School Board of Education on the superintendent’s retirement.
“We wholeheartedly support her decision to retire, and will continue to keep her in our thoughts and prayers as she faces the challenges ahead.”
We are all in this together with you. We want to be a resource for you and for all of the children you love. Whether you need some info or you have info to share, you know where to go…LA Comadre.
Latest posts by lacomadre (see all)
- The Rebel Tale Of The Freedom Fighter Who Helped Decolonize Mexico - March 23, 2018
- Important DACA Update; DACA Keeps Winning - March 7, 2018
- Recordando los Blowouts del Este de Los Ángeles 50 Años Después - March 1, 2018
- Remembering the East LA Blowouts 50 Years Later - March 1, 2018
- El Senador Mendoza Renuncia, Para que Pueda Correr de Nuevo - February 26, 2018