#ArmMeWith is a growing movement in response to the ridiculous notion that teachers should be armed in schools. In the aftermath of the massacre at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, President Trump has flippingly proposed this truly deplorable idea as a means to combat school shootings in the United States.
Let me remind you that we currently do not even arm teachers with the basic tools and resources required to properly teach in the insanely over-crowded classrooms across the country. We also don’t have adequate psychological and counseling services on our high school campuses, enough school nurses, college resource advisors, music instructors, etc.
The proposal to give certain “adept” teachers a bonus to become teachers/snipers in our schools is an extraordinary stupid idea, even for Donald Trump.
An added concern is the undue burden and liability it would put on school districts when a teacher with a gun inadvertently becomes responsible for a death or killing of a student via said gun in his/her care and control.
But there’s more. What about this unpleasant fact that some teachers are hateful assholes and don’t need easy access to a weapon.
The President seems to think that an armed teacher would have “shot the hell out of” the crazy guy with the gun in Parkland.
We think this is counterproductive, and this idea should never come to pass. Please post your ideas to the movement.
Teachers are posting things like this:
Latest posts by Leticia Chavez-Garcia (see all)
- Rotten Apples: Teacher Arrests in California on the Rise - November 15, 2018
- Remembering Antonio Gonzalez: We Have Lost a Latino Giant - November 13, 2018
- La Carrera para el Superintendente de Instrucción Pública Aún Está Demasiado Cerca de la Convocatoria - November 12, 2018
- Race for Superintendent of Public Instruction Still Too Close to Call - November 12, 2018
- Nueva Información Sobre la Huelga: UTLA Rechaza la Última Oferta del LAUSD - November 7, 2018