The world of educational and social justice just lost one of its greatest champions. Thousands of children in LAUSD and beyond have been personally affected by the years of great work that this woman has done over many decades to improve education and provide choices for parents!
Shirley Ford was the co-founder of Parent Revolution, and was a long time advocate for quality education. She became involved in education reform battles when her own children were in school. Her sons were in the first two graduating classes of Animo Inglewood (Green Dot Schools) and went on to become the first in their family to graduate from college.
Join us in celebrating her achievements and in gratitude for her life of endless advocacy on behalf of our children. Shirley Ford, we honor your commitment and will not forget your immortal contributions!
We are all in this together with you. We want to be a resource for you and for all of the children you love. Whether you need some info or you have info to share, you know where to go…LA Comadre.
Latest posts by lacomadre (see all)
- ¡Día de Empoderamiento del Adolescente! - July 18, 2018
- Teen Empowerment Day! - July 17, 2018
- Mónica García es Reelegida Como Presidenta de la Junta Escolar del LAUSD por Octava Vez - July 16, 2018
- Monica Garcia Re-Elected LAUSD School Board President for the 8th Time - July 12, 2018
- National Latina Business Women Association Los Ángeles Honra a la Fundadora de La Comadre, Alma V. Márquez, Como Finalista para la Líder Inspiradora del Año - June 29, 2018