Our lawmakers and leaders took to the streets early this morning in Sacramento because Attorney General Jeff Sessions is in town to tote hate and bigotry and file a lawsuit against the state of California for having the audacity to stand up to the racist regime and agenda of President Trump and his makeshift administration.
We are proud to have legislators that are standing up, speaking out and resisting all the way!
We need more leaders like these in California and in Washington D.C. This morning I awoke to the sound of my iphone notification that Senate President Pro Tem, Kevin de Leon (Candidate for US Senate) was leading a march in the streets of Sacramento against the racist Jeff Sessions. Our lawmakers are standing in defense of the California Values Act (SB 54) passed last year and enacted into law effective January of this year.
Jeff Sessions should know, this ain’t Alabama! This is California, and we value our diversity. We stand up for the people of this state who work hard in the fields, putting food on our tables. California will not be complicit in tearing families apart and expanding the over burdened foster care system. California will not stand by and allow children to be ripped out of their classroom seats and thrown into ICE purgatory!
We ought to be proud that we have courageous leadership like Kevin de Leon, who we need to send to Washington, D.C. and like my Assemblymember, Eloise Reyes, who has been an amazing champion for the Inland Empire. I’m also proud that we have Assemblymember Lorena Gonzalez-Fletcher, who although is misguided on Youth Tackle Football, I still have mad respect for in most everything else she is doing. And like our fellow Comadre, the fearless, unapologetic, Savli chingona, Assemblymember Wendy Carrillo! We need more of this!
Thank you all for taking on the orange one and his minions!
Latest posts by Leticia Chavez-Garcia (see all)
- Huelga del LAUSD: ¿Cuál es la Historia Real? Ex Maestra, Ex Miembro del Consejo Escolar y Mamá Nos Los Explica - September 17, 2018
- LAUSD Strike: What’s the Real Story? Former Teacher, Former School Board Member, and Mom Breaks It Down - September 13, 2018
- La Escuela Inland Empire Entregará $ 15.7 Millones para el Arreglo de Casos de Abuso Sexual, pero quedan Dudas Sobre lo que se Está Haciendo para Proteger a los Estudiantes - September 4, 2018
- Inland Empire School Dishes Out $15.7 Million in Sex Abuse Case Settlement, But Questions Remain About What Is Being Done To Protect Students - August 29, 2018
- Betsy DeVos Está Por Quitarle los Derechos a los Estudiantes Aprendices del Idioma Inglés - August 23, 2018