As parents, it is important to motivate our children to be excited about starting a new school year, but seeing the teachers at my daughter’s school do the very same thing on the first day of school, filled me with excitement. Most of the students in the City of Riverside, California have returned to school this week, and my hopes are that all students were greeted with the same enthusiasm as the students at John F. Kennedy elementary school.
On the first day of school, the entrance of the school was filled with teachers and staff holding up signs that had positive messages that read “Welcome, Never give up, Be Kind, This year will be a good school year, Be positive, Make new friends” and statements of that manner. The teachers greeted parents and students while dancing, and singing to Happy by Pharrell Williams all while holding the signs up. It was certainly a warm welcome with good vibes!
It was wonderful to see some children dry their tears and say goodbye to their parents as they began to dance to the rhythm of the teachers, while other children excitedly greeted their former teachers and new teachers and classmates for 2018-2019. Seeing our community joined with teachers for our children’s education makes all the difference.
Bravo for all our teachers at JFK (John F. Kennedy) Elementary School in Riverside, California for providing such an emotional and joyful welcome! Let’s have a successful school year!
Latest posts by MaryCarmen Plancarte (see all)
- Cómo Quisiera que Todas las Escuelas Dieran la Bienvenida a los Niños Como lo Hizo la Escuela Primaria JFK en Riverside en el Primer Día de Clases - August 16, 2018
- I Wish That All Schools Welcomed Children Like JFK Elementary School in Riverside Does for the First Day - August 15, 2018
- Algunos Consejos Para Padres Que Sus Niños Están Comenzando Kinder Este Otoño - August 10, 2018
- Some Tips for Parents Who Have Kindergarteners Starting School This Fall - August 9, 2018
- Nuestros Sacrificios Familiares Tiempo de Familia, Gas y Descanso para que Nuestros Niños Puedan Tener una Educación de Calidad - July 23, 2018