I cannot say enough how much I love this.
Assemblymember Eloise Gómez Reyes of San Bernardino introduced Assembly Concurrent Resolution 256 to declare July 27, 2018 as Bullying Prevention Day. The resolution also designates the date as Rosie’s Day in honor of the life of Rosalie Avila, a 13-year-old from the City of Yucaipa who took her own life after being bullied at her middle school.
We want to thank Assemblymember Eloise Reyes for this exceptional resolution in honor of Rosalie Avila who was found hung over bullying that she endured at school. Rosalie is not alone. She is not the only kid who has suffered bullying but her death affected us and really shook us into a reality check that we cannot allow this trend to continue. We applaud the Assemblywoman and support this resolution and day of awareness.
Latest posts by Leticia Chavez-Garcia (see all)
- Students in Paradise Return to School After Devastating Fires - December 11, 2018
- En Salinas, Kathryn Ramírez y Anthony Rocha, Han Sido Elegidos para las Juntas Escolares de Salinas - December 10, 2018
- Thurmond Gana La Carrera de Superintendente de Instrucción Pública: Los Partidarios de Escuelas Charter se Preparan para una Pelea - December 10, 2018
- 10 Candidates Meet Signature Requirements to Appear on Ballot for the LAUSD District 5 Special Election - December 10, 2018
- Long Beach College Promise Shows Us All How it Should Be Done! - December 7, 2018