I cannot say enough how much I love this.
Assemblymember Eloise Gómez Reyes of San Bernardino introduced Assembly Concurrent Resolution 256 to declare July 27, 2018 as Bullying Prevention Day. The resolution also designates the date as Rosie’s Day in honor of the life of Rosalie Avila, a 13-year-old from the City of Yucaipa who took her own life after being bullied at her middle school.
We want to thank Assemblymember Eloise Reyes for this exceptional resolution in honor of Rosalie Avila who was found hung over bullying that she endured at school. Rosalie is not alone. She is not the only kid who has suffered bullying but her death affected us and really shook us into a reality check that we cannot allow this trend to continue. We applaud the Assemblywoman and support this resolution and day of awareness.
Latest posts by Leticia Chavez-Garcia (see all)
- Pasando la Basura: Por qué a los Depredadores Sexuales Todavía se les Permite Enseñar en Nuestras Escuelas - October 18, 2018
- You Might Not Be Fully Aware of Your Students’ Rights When It Comes to School Discipline - October 18, 2018
- El Gobernador Brown Rechazó el Bill de Exámenes ACT / SAT - October 17, 2018
- $200 Bet: Do Charter School Teachers Have Credentials? - October 16, 2018
- LAUSD y UTLA se Acercan a Una Huelga - October 15, 2018