I cannot say enough how much I love this.
Assemblymember Eloise Gómez Reyes of San Bernardino introduced Assembly Concurrent Resolution 256 to declare July 27, 2018 as Bullying Prevention Day. The resolution also designates the date as Rosie’s Day in honor of the life of Rosalie Avila, a 13-year-old from the City of Yucaipa who took her own life after being bullied at her middle school.
We want to thank Assemblymember Eloise Reyes for this exceptional resolution in honor of Rosalie Avila who was found hung over bullying that she endured at school. Rosalie is not alone. She is not the only kid who has suffered bullying but her death affected us and really shook us into a reality check that we cannot allow this trend to continue. We applaud the Assemblywoman and support this resolution and day of awareness.
Latest posts by Leticia Chavez-Garcia (see all)
- Options For Youth Charter Renewed in San Bernardino City Unified School District - February 14, 2019
- Is Kelly Gonez “The Judas” of LAUSD? - February 13, 2019
- Teachers Need to Stop Blaming Parents for Their Classroom Failures - February 13, 2019
- Lista de la Vergüenza: El Cinco Por Ciento Más Bajo de las Escuelas de California - February 8, 2019
- El Problema del Monopolio Educativo Que Todos Ignoran - February 7, 2019