I cannot say enough how much I love this.
Assemblymember Eloise Gómez Reyes of San Bernardino introduced Assembly Concurrent Resolution 256 to declare July 27, 2018 as Bullying Prevention Day. The resolution also designates the date as Rosie’s Day in honor of the life of Rosalie Avila, a 13-year-old from the City of Yucaipa who took her own life after being bullied at her middle school.
We want to thank Assemblymember Eloise Reyes for this exceptional resolution in honor of Rosalie Avila who was found hung over bullying that she endured at school. Rosalie is not alone. She is not the only kid who has suffered bullying but her death affected us and really shook us into a reality check that we cannot allow this trend to continue. We applaud the Assemblywoman and support this resolution and day of awareness.
Latest posts by Leticia Chavez-Garcia (see all)
- Navegando el Proceso de Educación Especial Desde las Reuniones del Equipo de Estudio Estudiantil a Los Planes IEP y 504 - May 17, 2019
- Navigating the Special Education Process from Student Study Team Meetings to IEPs and 504 Plans - May 15, 2019
- No Hay Que Sentir Vergüenza Si Tu Hijo Tiene Que Repetir Kinder - May 13, 2019
- There is No Shame in Having Your Child Repeat Kindergarten - May 9, 2019
- Ignoring the Failing Schools in Her District, Senator Durazo Authors Anti-Charter Bill - May 2, 2019