I cannot say enough how much I love this.
Assemblymember Eloise Gómez Reyes of San Bernardino introduced Assembly Concurrent Resolution 256 to declare July 27, 2018 as Bullying Prevention Day. The resolution also designates the date as Rosie’s Day in honor of the life of Rosalie Avila, a 13-year-old from the City of Yucaipa who took her own life after being bullied at her middle school.
We want to thank Assemblymember Eloise Reyes for this exceptional resolution in honor of Rosalie Avila who was found hung over bullying that she endured at school. Rosalie is not alone. She is not the only kid who has suffered bullying but her death affected us and really shook us into a reality check that we cannot allow this trend to continue. We applaud the Assemblywoman and support this resolution and day of awareness.
Latest posts by Leticia Chavez-Garcia (see all)
- Bienvenido a su Escuela Secundaria Subpar: Los Maestros de Banning Comienzan el Año Escolar en Huelga - August 16, 2018
- Betsy DeVos Is About to Throw English Language Learners Under the Bus - August 16, 2018
- Los Miembros de la Junta Escolar Deben Pensar Más Cuidadosamente, Antes de Negar las Peticiones de las Escuela Charter - August 15, 2018
- Rosalie Ávila Obtiene su Día, Día de la Prevención de Bullying - August 13, 2018
- School Board Members Need to Think More Carefully Before Denying Charter School Petitions - August 13, 2018