On August 23, the California legislature passed a bill (AB 406) that will make all charter schools public. This will ensure that all charters school are free to parents and their children and will not be operated by for profit companies.
Nonprofit organizations have led the charter school movement. For the most part, charter schools have been free to parents and children. A very small percentage were run by for profit organizations and charged for children to attend.
By signing AB 406, California legislators show they are committed to ensuring its children receive a free education that is accessible to all students.
AB 406 was supported by the California Teachers Association, the American Federation of the State, County and Municipal employees, the Association of California School Administrators, the California Labor Federation, the California School Boards Association, the California School Employees Association and the California State PTA.
The bill was signed and supported by Governor Jerry Brown on September 7, 2018.
We are all in this together with you. We want to be a resource for you and for all of the children you love. Whether you need some info or you have info to share, you know where to go…LA Comadre.
Latest posts by lacomadre (see all)
- Los Datos Muestra el Crecimiento de Escuelas Chárter en California, Dándole a los Padres Más Opciones para Sus Hijos - November 14, 2018
- ACTUALIZACIÓN DE LAS ELECCIONES: Superintendente de Instrucción Pública - November 14, 2018
- Data Shows Charter School Growth in California, Giving Parents More Options for Their Children - November 14, 2018
- ELECTION UPDATE: Superintendent of Public Instruction - November 13, 2018
- Las Prioridades de Educación del Gobernador Electo Gavin Newsom - November 9, 2018