At La Comadre, we are proud to announce that Myrna Castrejón has been selected to lead the California Charter Schools Association as its new president and CEO. Myrna comes to this role after having served as head of the Great Public Schools Now initiative, which is an organization whose goal is to increase high quality educational options in Los Angeles. Prior to that, Myrna served as the Vice President of the California Charter Schools Association.
Myrna has been involved in educational advocacy for 25 years. In 1993, she began her educational career in Texas, leading parent and community engagement efforts as a volunteer organizer with the Alliance Schools Initiative and at the El Paso Collaborative for Academic Excellence. She has an established record of working with both parents and children to fight for high quality educational opportunities.
“I’m so pleased that Myrna will continue her work heading up the California Charter Schools Association. We often talk about how representation matters, and her appointment is definitely a signal to our community. A majority of school children in our state are Latino, and their parents are constantly pushing for better educational options for their children. Myrna is going to continue to be a great champion for all children in California in her new role,” said Alma Marquez, co-founder of LaComadre.org.
We are all in this together with you. We want to be a resource for you and for all of the children you love. Whether you need some info or you have info to share, you know where to go…LA Comadre.
Latest posts by lacomadre (see all)
- Comadres en California Se Hacen Presente Para el Derribo Legislativo en Materia de la Educación - June 4, 2019
- ALERTA DE PISO LA COMADRE LE INSTA A VOTAR NO EN AB 221 - May 31, 2019
- Comadres Across California Show Up for the Legislative Throwdown on Education - May 31, 2019
- FLOOR ALERT! LA COMADRE URGES YOU TO VOTE NO ON AB 221 - May 29, 2019
- El Reto de La Comadre: Revise la Escuela de Su Vecindario Ahora - May 22, 2019