La Comadre wants to congratulate former LAUSD School Board Trustee, Yolie Flores, in her new role as National Campaign Director for Parent Nation. We are thrilled that Yolie was picked to head this initiative established to mobilize parents across the nation. Yolie will help lead efforts to provide support for parents in their role as their child’s first and most important teacher.
Yolie Flores served on the LAUSD Board of Education from 2007-2011 for an incredibly successful term that brought parents the school choice policy. Throughout her tenure, Yolie was a fierce champion for education excellence and equality. When she left the district, the following quote appeared in a local interview, “She has been a brave and sometimes, lonely warrior.” Which reminds us of the popular saying, “it’s lonely at the top.”
Latest posts by La Comadre (see all)
- Parent Empowerment Makes Schools Stronger - July 29, 2021
- ¡Es Verano! Recetas Saludables de paletas heladas para Bebés y Niños Pequeños - July 19, 2021
- It’s Summer! Healthy Popsicle Recipes for Babies & Toddlers - July 8, 2021
- ¿Siente Ansiedad Post Pandémica? He aquí cómo Afrontar la Situación - June 28, 2021
- Are You Feeling Post-Pandemic Anxiety? Here’s How to Cope - June 23, 2021