California will become the first state to mandate vaccination for all school employees, including teachers, administrators, and classified personnel. Those not complying will be tested weekly. Governor Gavin Newsome made the announcement this week as thousands of students are going back to in-person learning at schools throughout the state.
Some districts have already returned to school, and are operating under safety precautions such as mask mandates and social distancing on campus. The Governor visited the San Bernardino City Unified School District earlier this month, which started in-person classes for all students with the exception of those who requested to continue online instruction. Aside from wearing a mask at all times, students are required to pass through a temperature check every morning upon arriving at school.
Districts in Southern Riverside county started in-person instruction and as a result, we hear reports that some classes were sent home to quarantine after the first day. Students at Chaparral High School in Temecula were told that a student tested positive and that they were not to return to school until August 23rd. This is on day one of in-person instruction.
La Comadre supports the Governor’s mandate for vaccinations of all school personnel and we encourage our Comadres to get their children vaccinated if they are eligible to receive a vaccine. For information on COVID 19 vaccines and testing please visit the following website: https://covid19.ca.gov
Latest posts by La Comadre (see all)
- Cómo está Regresando la Escuela de un Salón - July 28, 2022
- ¿Se Debe Exigir a los Estudiantes recitar el Juramento a la Bandera? - June 10, 2022
- 5 Aplicaciones de Salud Mental y Bienestar para descargar ahora Mismo - May 5, 2022
- How the One Room Schoolhouse Is Making a Comeback - May 5, 2022
- El Dinero Importa: Donación de $ 1 millón a Programas de Educación Financiera en LAUSD - April 25, 2022