If you recently got one of these cards in the mail with your child’s name on it, don’t throw it away! It’s not a scam, it’s a part of a federal food program. Let me explain.
P-EBT or Pandemic EBT, is a program for families that have students enrolled in any California School. Children 0-6 are also eligible for P-EBT under certain conditions and if they qualify, will receive a separate card. Let me start by saying, these cards are a good thing! They are meant to provide financial assistance for families during this difficult time. They’re loaded with SNAP benefits or what we used to call Food Stamps and can be used for groceries at most stores.
“The California Department of Social Services (CDSS), in partnership with the California Department of Education (CDE), received approval to operate the program in response to COVID-19 related school and child care closures. P-EBT provides food benefits to help families with young children (under age 6) who got CalFresh Food benefits between October 2020 and August 2021 and school-age children who were eligible for free or reduced-price school meals through the federal School Breakfast or National School Lunch Program for School Year 2020-21 and assumed to have attended school via distance learning at least some of that time.” from the State of California website.
If you haven’t received a card like this, you might be getting one in the mail in the next few months, so keep an eye out. If you have any more questions regarding P-EBT, please visit the link here.
Latest posts by Leticia Chavez-Garcia (see all)
- Estudiante de 4to Grado de Central Valley Está Decidido a Cambiar el Nombre de su Escuela - November 23, 2021
- Across the Country, Parents are Protesting Suicide Prevention Programs, Why? - November 23, 2021
- Central Valley 4th Grader is Determined to Change his School’s Name - November 17, 2021
- El Video Viral de Tik Tok Llama la Atención Sobre las Tácticas de Enseñanza Racistas Utilizadas por la Maestra de Matemáticas - November 10, 2021
- Viral Tik Tok Video Sheds Light on Racist Teaching Tactics Used by Inland Empire Math Teacher - November 8, 2021