It’s reported that 46 million people in the United States have student loan debt and a recent 2019 study found that the average student loan debt is $28,950. Now, according to the US Department of Education, over 100,000 of those individuals are eligible for student debt cancellation.
Comadre, do you have outstanding student loans? Are you an employee of a Federal, State, local or tribal government? Do you work for a nonprofit organization? If you are an employee of a government entity or non-profit, you may be eligible for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) student debt relief program. And if you do qualify for the program, you’ll be able to cancel the balance of your existing student loans!
To be eligible for PSLF, you must meet the following 3 main requirements:
- be a full-time employee of a qualifying agency or organization
- have a direct loan or federal student loan
- made 120 qualifying payments toward the loan under an income-driven payment plan
Comadre, do you qualify for PSLF? Have you already been through the process? If you have, comment below on some advice for other Comadres applying for PSLF.
To read more about eligibility for this program, check out the website.
Latest posts by La Comadre (see all)
- Cómo está Regresando la Escuela de un Salón - July 28, 2022
- ¿Se Debe Exigir a los Estudiantes recitar el Juramento a la Bandera? - June 10, 2022
- 5 Aplicaciones de Salud Mental y Bienestar para descargar ahora Mismo - May 5, 2022
- How the One Room Schoolhouse Is Making a Comeback - May 5, 2022
- El Dinero Importa: Donación de $ 1 millón a Programas de Educación Financiera en LAUSD - April 25, 2022