Another ruling in favor of DACA recipients was handed down a week ago in California.
The court ruling says that the United States government cannot lift DACA status without due process.
This ruling is important because it allows those with DACA permits to be renewed.
If you or someone you know is affected and eligible for renewal, please make sure you to get the word out to them as soon as possible and while it is still available.
We want to encourage everyone who currently has DACA status to submit the renewal and take advantage of these recent rulings in their favor.
What these rulings do not mean is that we can stop demanding a permanent fix to our broken immigration system. There are still several hundred thousand DREAMers with no pathway to citizenship, and there are some DREAMers who had been denied DACA or who could never afford it in the first place. DACA is not a permanent solution. We should continue to fight for a clean DREAM Act and a larger comprehensive immigration reform for the rest of the undocumented population!
We are all in this together with you. We want to be a resource for you and for all of the children you love. Whether you need some info or you have info to share, you know where to go…LA Comadre.
Latest posts by lacomadre (see all)
- Informed Immigrant DACA Information - May 17, 2019
- ¿Qué Hacer Si No Ingresaste en la Universidad de Tus Sueños … Todavía? - May 9, 2019
- What to Do If You Didn’t Get Into the College of Your Dreams…Yet? - May 2, 2019
- Es el Día de la Tierra: Lecciones de Cambio Climático Son Necesarias - April 22, 2019
- It’s Earth Day: Climate Change Lessons Needed - April 22, 2019