Another ruling in favor of DACA recipients was handed down a week ago in California.
The court ruling says that the United States government cannot lift DACA status without due process.
This ruling is important because it allows those with DACA permits to be renewed.
If you or someone you know is affected and eligible for renewal, please make sure you to get the word out to them as soon as possible and while it is still available.
We want to encourage everyone who currently has DACA status to submit the renewal and take advantage of these recent rulings in their favor.
What these rulings do not mean is that we can stop demanding a permanent fix to our broken immigration system. There are still several hundred thousand DREAMers with no pathway to citizenship, and there are some DREAMers who had been denied DACA or who could never afford it in the first place. DACA is not a permanent solution. We should continue to fight for a clean DREAM Act and a larger comprehensive immigration reform for the rest of the undocumented population!
We are all in this together with you. We want to be a resource for you and for all of the children you love. Whether you need some info or you have info to share, you know where to go…LA Comadre.
Latest posts by lacomadre (see all)
- Los Ángeles Ahora Tiene un Sistema de Solicitud Común para Escuelas Chárter - October 11, 2018
- Mamá, Latina y la Organizadora Myrna Castrejón, Lidera la Asociación de Escuelas Chárter de California - October 8, 2018
- Los Angeles Now Has a Common Application System For Charter Schools - October 5, 2018
- Regla de Carga Pública: La Administración de Trump, Planea Negar el Estatus Legal, a los Inmigrantes que Usan Asistencia Pública - October 3, 2018
- Nuevo Informe Muestra que las Escuelas Chárter están Teniendo Éxito con Estudiantes de Bajos Ingresos y Minorías - October 2, 2018