If you have spent any time at all attending school board meetings anywhere in the Golden State, you know how chaotic and disorganized they can be. This would include LAUSD School Board meetings under any other chair. As one who has had the responsibility of attending various public meetings, I can tell you that Monica Garcia runs a tight, orderly meeting with nearly flawless precision and deliberate thoughtfulness to her board colleagues, staff, and public. This is important when you are trying to get done the business of the second largest public education system in the country.
Monica Garcia has been chosen by her colleagues for a record setting eighth time to lead LAUSD Board of Education. Considering that the board has a lot on its plate including working with new Superintendent, Austin Beutner, and an ambitious #kidsfirst agenda that includes Garcia’s long standing goal of 100% graduation, we think that it is both appropriate and necessary to rely on Garcia’s leadership skills at this pivotal moment in LAUSD history as this board pushes to address some very important reforms in the district.
Congratulations from all of us at La Comadre. We look forward to working with this team to put #kidsfirst!
We are all in this together with you. We want to be a resource for you and for all of the children you love. Whether you need some info or you have info to share, you know where to go…LA Comadre.
Latest posts by lacomadre (see all)
- Cómo California Hace los Presupuestos Para la Educación - February 22, 2019
- How California Budgets for Education - February 22, 2019
- A Closer Look at Beutner’s Goal to Increase Funding for LA Schools and to Reduce Central Bureaucracy - February 22, 2019
- Escuela Preparatoria Benjamín Franklin, Gana el Decatlón Académico del LAUSD 2018-19 - February 12, 2019
- Benjamin Franklin High School Wins the 2018-19 LAUSD Academic Decathlon - February 11, 2019