It seems that some corrupt politicians are determined to punish the most vulnerable communities. When it seems that there is something that is working for our families and students, the money they want gets in the way of changes that are necessary. Or maybe it’s the commitment to pay for campaign favors?
Money is what pushes our elected officials to forget that there is a community that expects them to defend the human rights of our communities including EDUCATION.
But instead, elected officials are at the service of powerful organizations that corrupt them and make them forget that we are the ones they should serve and help. They forget that our low-income communities still pay our taxes too. I would like to be a millionaire so that I can pay for the campaigns so that you can support my community and other communities.
My demand is that politicians do not stop the development of low-income communities, they are communities with dreams of seeing our children become professionals since we have had schools that have failed us in teaching our children and for years we have not seen any favorable movement in our local schools.
Enough of being focused on the money instead focus on the problem we have which are low-performing schools. Our charter schools are public and are sending our children to college. Many politicians do not want to recognize that many of these schools are giving us the quality we deserve. This is not a matter of charter vs. traditional, this is a movement beyond what is now being discussed. Hopefully, one day soon you can collaborate to ensure that schools that are still failing progress and work together to improve the future of ALL of our children. We will do what we have to do to ensure that our children have the quality that is required to dismantle this system of injustice with which we live today.
For us, the future of our families comes before anything. Hopefully, they can recognize it soon because for them we will fight with everything we have within reach.
Latest posts by Heriberto Soto (see all)
- Estimados Políticos, Dejen de Enfocarse en $ y Comiencen a Representar las Necesidades de Nuestros Hijos - April 25, 2019
- Dear Politicians, Stop Focusing on $ and Start Representing the Needs of Our Children - April 24, 2019
- La Diferencia en las Escuelas Entre el Este de San José y Los Gatos, Es La Razón Por lo Cual, Los Padres Como Yo, Continúan Luchando por Escuelas Públicas Chárter de Alta Calidad - June 19, 2018
- The Difference in Schools Between East San Jose and Los Gatos Is Why Parents Like Me Continue to Fight for High Quality Public Charter Schools - June 8, 2018
- Estoy Siguiendo los Pasos de mi Padre al Abogar por Una Educación de Alta Calidad para Mis Hijos - May 4, 2018