With the ongoing uncertainty around the future of DACA and renewals, Informed Immigrant is launching an effort beginning this June and carrying into 2020 to help facilitate as many DACA renewals as possible through fundraising for direct service organizations and renewal fees, partnering on renewal clinics, and scaling up our public education efforts online and offline to reach more directly-impacted individuals with updates and guidance.
If you or your organization are interested in partnering on this campaign in any capacity, please email Ivette and Katie ([email protected])!
They are launching the first fundraiser of the campaign June 14th and would love to lock in partnerships ahead of that date. Additionally, as part of the
- Immigrant Legal Resource Center has a guide to help everyone create a family preparedness plan, regardless of immigration status. You can download the plan in English, Spanish or Chinese.
- Scholarships.com has a comprehensive list of student scholarships available to undocumented, TPS, and DACA students. You can find the list here.
- Everyone in the U.S. has certain rights guaranteed under the U.S. Constitution, regardless of immigration status. It’s important to learn how to best protect yourself and your loved ones. Watch our know your rights & family preparedness video in English or Spanish here.
- Informed Immigrant has a user-friendly search tool to find an organization near you, no matter where you are. You can narrow your search based on zip code and the type of organization you’re looking for. You can filter your search based on healthcare access, legal help, mental health support, community action and organizing and financial assistance. Look up the nearest immigrant-serving non profit near you here.
- USCIS is STILL accepting DACA renewals!
We need to make a HUGE push to make sure that those who have not yet applied to renew are encouraged to consult an immigration attorney or DOJ recognized community based organization and renew as soon as possible!
We ask that you remind your networks, members, friends and family that if they are eligible to renew their DACA, they should do so as soon as possible. You can find our DACA renewal guide here, as well as resources from trusted partners below.Share our FB Post!
All information retrieved from Informed Immigrant, visit their site for more information!
Latest posts by lacomadre (see all)
- Adrian Campos, Graduado de PUC Lakeview Charter High School Está en Camino a UCLA #UCLAbound - July 25, 2019
- Adrian Campos, A Graduate from PUC Lakeview Charter High School is #UCLAbound - July 24, 2019
- “Recuperando Mi Identidad, Las Perspectivas Únicas de ser Bilingüe” El Discurso de Tech Senior Dagney Ochoa al Obtener el Sello de Bilingüismo de CA - July 18, 2019
- “Regaining My Identity, The Unique Insights of Being Bilingual” Tech Senior Dagney Ochoa’s Speech Upon Earning the CA Seal of Biliteracy - July 18, 2019
- ¿Se Escucharán las Voces de los Padres Cuando la Educación de Nuestros Hijos Esté en Juego? - July 11, 2019