On Thursday, June 21, the new LAUSD Superintendent Austin Beutner, LAUSD Board Member Dr. Ref Rodriguez, and Local District Superintendent Roberto Martinez will be meeting with parents who form the Problem Solving Groups (PSGs). This is part of a parent engagement effort that Board Member Rodriguez started to make sure that parents are actively collaborating with the district about issues that affect their students.
Board Member Rodriguez said in a statement, “Parent engagement and grassroots policymaking are central to my vision of how we can make improvements to Board District 5 that last for generations. These PSGs give us a tool that can solve problems, but also form a culture of advocacy, collaboration, and leadership that hopefully spreads throughout District 5 as well as LA Unified. Parents who participate in these groups are representative of the communities I was elected to serve, and I am honored to have the opportunity to work with them, in addition to their trust in us that their participation is worth their time.”
This is an effort that La Comadre supports — getting parents actively engaged with policymakers. We know that when we can directly engage with school leaders that our concerns and the policies that we want to see are more likely to be enacted.
If you live in the LAUSD District 5 area, this meeting will take place at 10:00 AM today (Thursday) at the United Way of LA, AT&T Center, 4th Floor, 1150 South Olive Street, Los Angeles.
We are all in this together with you. We want to be a resource for you and for all of the children you love. Whether you need some info or you have info to share, you know where to go…LA Comadre.
Latest posts by lacomadre (see all)
- LAUSD Anuncia que los Estudiantes Comenzarán el Año 2020-2021 En Casa - July 14, 2020
- LAUSD Announces Students Will Start the 2020-2021 Year from Home - July 13, 2020
- Durante Estos Tiempos Difíciles, el Cuidado de Nuestras Comunidades es Crítico - May 6, 2020
- During These Trying Times, Caring for our Communities is Critical - May 4, 2020
- Con Sabor: La Ingeniosa Manera en que Una Maestra de Español continuó la Enseñanza desde su Concina - April 17, 2020