A whopping $7.1 billion is proposed to be cut from federal education in Trump’s doomsday budget proposal. Among the programs that would be directly impacted and become either an endangered species or an outright extinction are the summer school programs and after-school programs.
Of course, those students who would feel the effects of the loss of these programs are mostly low-income kids and kids of color. Basically, Trump and his administration hate poor black and brown kids. It makes one ask the question, “Why does Trump hate poor kids of color?” In total, there are 29 programs (all mostly in high poverty areas) that the administration has proposed eliminating.
No doubt that the penny-pinching Ebenezer Scrooge of education is cutting programs to help finance his precious and racist wall. Of course, Trump’s evil minion, Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos wasted no time in speaking in support of this penny foolish plan by stating that the proposed cuts show “commitment to spending taxpayer dollars wisely and efficiently by consolidating or eliminating duplicative and ineffective federal programs.”
Trump’s proposed budget also calls for an increase of $60 million for school choice programs and $700 million earmarked for school safety. As per the norm with Trump and Devos, no one really knows what that even means.
Thankfully, Congress won’t agree to this ridiculous budget (we hope), but still, this is just another insight into the deranged musings of the fake president and his minions! And quite frankly, this proposed budget provides more evidence that Trump is a racist, kid-hating sociopath.
Latest posts by Leticia Chavez-Garcia (see all)
- La Junta de Educación del Condado de Orange Pone a los Niños en Riesgo al Reabrir las Escuelas - July 20, 2020
- Orange County Board of Education Puts Children at Risk by Reopening Schools - July 15, 2020
- Amidst Threats from the Department of Education, California Schools Go Online For Fall - July 14, 2020
- Hablando y Tomando Medidas Contra los Maestros Racistas - June 8, 2020
- Speaking Up and Taking Action Against Racist Teachers - June 4, 2020