Comadres and compadres, we are excited to announce a new opportunity! La Comadre is recruiting 15-20 Fellows who are seeking to be a resource for families and have a desire to share their knowledge and experiences to create awareness around important educational issues that affect our children. Fellows will participate in bimonthly trainings over the course of the eight months to cover a wide range of skills and tactics around communication, blogging, organizing and leadership. By the end of the fellowship, Fellows will have developed a wide range of skills that will help them to be effective local leaders and communicators.
Our vision is to create a space where passionate education supporters can learn how to share their voices, experiences and knowledge in order to educate and inform, often marginalized communities on how to advocate for a quality education.
Fellows selected for the program will participate in trainings over the course of the eight-month program. These trainings will cover a wide range of communication, social media and writing skills, community organizing skills and tactics, as well as leadership development. By the end of the fellowship, La Comadre Fellows will have compiled resources, mentors and ideas that will allow them to be effective education advocates.
The fellowship is set to begin in March. If you, or someone you know, may be interested in joining our network, we encourage you to apply by visiting http://tinyurl.com/LACfellowship
We are excited to expand our network and look forward to having YOU be a part of this amazing project!
We are all in this together with you. We want to be a resource for you and for all of the children you love. Whether you need some info or you have info to share, you know where to go…LA Comadre.
Latest posts by lacomadre (see all)
- Seis Madres del Valle de San Fernando Fueron Honradas Con el Premio de Voluntario del Año por la Asociación de Escuelas Chárter de California - April 20, 2018
- Junta Unificada de Educación de Los Ángeles Aprueba $25 Millones para los Estudiantes Con Mayor Necesidad - April 19, 2018
- Six San Fernando Valley Moms Were Honored with Volunteer of the Year Award by the California Charter School Association - April 12, 2018
- L.A. Unified Board of Education Approves $25 Million For Highest Need Students - April 11, 2018
- La Superintendencia Debe Priorizar Las Necesidades de los Estudiantes - April 9, 2018