We recently found out about an excellent scholarship opportunity for graduating high school seniors and college students from the California Latino Legislative Caucus Foundation. The deadline to submit an application is June 1. The application just opened a few days ago, so we encourage any eligible students to add applying for this scholarship to their ‘to do’ lists.
To be eligible, students must meet the following requirements:
- Be a full time student in good academic standing at an accredited college or university, OR
- Be a graduating high school senior with written proof of acceptance at an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.5
- Submit a completed application along with all required supplementary documents by the application deadline.
The application does require two letters of recommendation, so now is the time for students to start asking teachers, professors, coaches, and mentors for those letters.
To learn more, CLICK HERE.
We are all in this together with you. We want to be a resource for you and for all of the children you love. Whether you need some info or you have info to share, you know where to go…LA Comadre.
Latest posts by lacomadre (see all)
- A Closer Look at Beutner’s Goal to Increase Funding for LA Schools and to Reduce Central Bureaucracy - February 22, 2019
- Escuela Preparatoria Benjamín Franklin, Gana el Decatlón Académico del LAUSD 2018-19 - February 12, 2019
- Benjamin Franklin High School Wins the 2018-19 LAUSD Academic Decathlon - February 11, 2019
- Mientras Que Los Responsables de Formular Políticas, Exigen la Rendición de Cuentas de las Escuelas Chárter, Deben Exigir lo Mismo, Para las Escuelas Tradicionales - February 8, 2019
- While Policymakers Demand Accountability from Charter Schools, They Need to Demand the Same for Traditional Schools - February 6, 2019