A big congratulations is in order as US News & World Report released its 10 Top Ten High Schools in California list last week, and the results should cause us to wake up and smell the charter schools! It’s what we have long known at La Comadre to be true and now the data does confirm, charter public schools top traditional public schools by a wide margin, across the state.
In fact, if you take a look at the top 20 high schools in California, you will find that the overwhelming majority of them are charter schools. Specifically, seven out of the top ten are charter schools. Here are the seven schools:
- Stockton Collegiate International Secondary (Stockton) #3 in California Rankings
- KIPP San Jose Collegiate (San Jose) #4 in California Rankings
- University High School (Fresno) #5 in California Rankings
- Preuss School UCSD (La Jolla) #6 in California Rankings
- Animo Leadership High (Inglewood) #7 in California Rankings
- University Preparatory Academy Charter (San Jose) #9 in California Rankings
- Hawthorne Math and Science Academy (Hawthorne) #10 in California Rankings
Additionally, if you look at the extended report you will see that the trend extends and that there are several charter schools down the list to comprise a majority of the top schools in California to be made up of charter schools. Included in the top national rtings are the very familiar Charter Schools in the PUC (Partnerships to Uplift Communities) family.
Congratulations to all of the high performing schools both traditional and charter. We need more of this!
Latest posts by Leticia Chavez-Garcia (see all)
- California Lawmakers Participate in the Legislative Slaughter of Charter Schools - May 24, 2019
- Tenga Cuidado con los Hipócritas que Tratan de Imponerte qué Tipo de Educación Debe Obtener Su Hijo - May 21, 2019
- Watch Out for the Hypocrites Who Try to Dictate What Kind of Education Your Child Should Have - May 20, 2019
- Navegando el Proceso de Educación Especial Desde las Reuniones del Equipo de Estudio Estudiantil a Los Planes IEP y 504 - May 17, 2019
- Navigating the Special Education Process from Student Study Team Meetings to IEPs and 504 Plans - May 15, 2019