A big congratulations is in order as US News & World Report released its 10 Top Ten High Schools in California list last week, and the results should cause us to wake up and smell the charter schools! It’s what we have long known at La Comadre to be true and now the data does confirm, charter public schools top traditional public schools by a wide margin, across the state.
In fact, if you take a look at the top 20 high schools in California, you will find that the overwhelming majority of them are charter schools. Specifically, seven out of the top ten are charter schools. Here are the seven schools:
- Stockton Collegiate International Secondary (Stockton) #3 in California Rankings
- KIPP San Jose Collegiate (San Jose) #4 in California Rankings
- University High School (Fresno) #5 in California Rankings
- Preuss School UCSD (La Jolla) #6 in California Rankings
- Animo Leadership High (Inglewood) #7 in California Rankings
- University Preparatory Academy Charter (San Jose) #9 in California Rankings
- Hawthorne Math and Science Academy (Hawthorne) #10 in California Rankings
Additionally, if you look at the extended report you will see that the trend extends and that there are several charter schools down the list to comprise a majority of the top schools in California to be made up of charter schools. Included in the top national rtings are the very familiar Charter Schools in the PUC (Partnerships to Uplift Communities) family.
Congratulations to all of the high performing schools both traditional and charter. We need more of this!
Latest posts by Leticia Chavez-Garcia (see all)
- Marshall Tuck es el Más Destacado en Votos para ser Superintendente de las Escuelas! - June 14, 2018
- #MeToo Lawmaker Tony Mendoza Gets Clear Message from His District, No Thanks! - June 13, 2018
- Las Escuelas Preparatorias Charter Son Las Mejores en California - June 12, 2018
- Marshall Tuck Is Top Vote Getter In Superintendent of Schools Race - June 12, 2018
- Un Memorándum Abierto para la Secretaría DeVos, Que Muestra Su Ignorancia Ante el Congreso, Sobre la Aplicación de la Ley de Inmigración y los Derechos de los Estudiantes - June 6, 2018