Here are some of the resources being offered to assist parents in keeping their children safe and occupied during the strike:
LAUSD Strike Hotline for Parents/Guardians
(213) 443-1300 6:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday-Friday
LAUSD Family Resource Guide: This Los Angeles Unified Family Resource Guide provides information to help families and communities prepare for a potential strike.
Free Metro: All rides on L.A. County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) buses, light-rail and subway lines will be free for LAUSD students between 5 a.m. and 7 p.m. on strike days.
Natural History Museum: The Natural History Museum in Exposition Park, the La Brea Tar Pits Museum and the William S. Hart Museum will offer free admission between 9:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. on strike days.
Los Angeles Zoo: The L.A. Zoo will be offering students free admission on strike days. In addition to free admission, the L.A. Zoo will be offering a “Community Safari Day” program for children grades K-5. More information here.
Libraries and Rec Centers: Mayor Eric Garcetti has said the city will have recreation centers, parks and libraries open as “safe places” where parents can bring their children on strike days. No exact details have been released regarding hours and locations.
Petersen Automotive Museum: Free admission to LAUSD students through Feb. 2. The free admission is regardless of whether the strike takes place.
La Comadre Connections
Latest posts by La Comadre Connections (see all)
- Las Familias Impactadas por la Huelga de UTLA, Tienen Acceso a Bocadillos y Programas en Parques Seleccionados del Condado de Los Ángeles - January 17, 2019
- Families Impacted by UTLA Strike Have Access to Snacks and Programs at Selected LA County Parks - January 16, 2019
- Recursos para Mantener a Sus Hijos Seguros Durante la Huelga de LAUSD - January 15, 2019
- Resources for Keeping Your Children Safe During the LAUSD Strike - January 14, 2019
- Un Recurso Basado en Los Ángeles Que Todo Padre Deberia Conocer: Vision To Learn - September 6, 2018