Trying to finish your holiday shopping? Giving our children the gift of our own stories and culture featured in these books is an amazing gift- to both the children in your lives and to yourself!
Huffington Post’s Latino Voices Editor Tanisha Love Ramirez shares these recommendations: 10 Holiday Children’s Books Latinos Will Love
When my daughter was younger (and wanted to read with me), we’d love to read Gary Soto’s Too Many Tamales during Christmas time. Its definitely one of my favorite memories of her childhood. When I bought the books for her, I didn’t realize I was buying an opportunity to create memories that would outlast her childhood. They’re beautiful memories that I am reflecting on now that she’s a teenager and old enough to plan her first Ugly Sweater Party.
Things have changed. Time flies. Create memories with books. You won’t regret it. Feliz Navidad, Comadres!
If you know of a local bookstore where you can buy the books in time for Xmas, please share it here or on our LA Comadre Facebook Page.
Alma V. Marquez
Latest posts by Alma V. Marquez (see all)
- ¡Nuestro Hogar Está Aquí! La Decisión de la Corte Suprema de DACA: Lo Que Usted Debe Saber - July 3, 2020
- Home Is Here! DACA Supreme Court Ruling: What You Should Know - June 18, 2020
- Bobby Lee Verdugo, We will Always Honor You and Your Legacy - May 2, 2020
- Educar a Eva: Comadre Regresa a la Escuela para Obtener su Diploma de Preparatoria - August 1, 2019
- Educating Eva: Comadre Returns to School to Earn H.S. Diploma - July 30, 2019