For many working parents and single moms, our biggest dream is that our children will graduate from college. Our dreams sometimes get overshadowed by our fears about how we’re going to pay for it.
But money is there for college. We just need to make sure to have our kids apply for it and also get our own savings going.
Today is National 529 Day. There is a special savings account called the 529 Savings Plan which is designed to help parents pay for college.
ScholarShare is offering a special match if you open an account today. You start an account for $50 and they match it.
There are many options about paying for college and soon we’ll be sharing more information about how to get financial aid. But we wanted to share this with you today since its basically free money for college. It all adds up!
More Details: 529 College Saving Guide
Alma V. Marquez
Latest posts by Alma V. Marquez (see all)
- Educar a Eva: Comadre Regresa a la Escuela para Obtener su Diploma de Preparatoria - August 1, 2019
- Educating Eva: Comadre Returns to School to Earn H.S. Diploma - July 30, 2019
- Aprendí lo Qué Era Pi Después de Obtener Mi Maestría en UCLA - March 16, 2019
- I Learned What Pi Was After I Earned My Master’s Degree at UCLA - March 15, 2019
- ¿Le Preocupan los Niños Latinos? Usted Debe Votar por Marshall Tuck. Aquí Está el Por Qué: - November 5, 2018