For many working parents and single moms, our biggest dream is that our children will graduate from college. Our dreams sometimes get overshadowed by our fears about how we’re going to pay for it.
But money is there for college. We just need to make sure to have our kids apply for it and also get our own savings going.
Today is National 529 Day. There is a special savings account called the 529 Savings Plan which is designed to help parents pay for college.
ScholarShare is offering a special match if you open an account today. You start an account for $50 and they match it.
There are many options about paying for college and soon we’ll be sharing more information about how to get financial aid. But we wanted to share this with you today since its basically free money for college. It all adds up!
More Details: 529 College Saving Guide
Alma V. Marquez
Latest posts by Alma V. Marquez (see all)
- Líderes Comunitarios como Tanya Ortiz Franklin son Nuestro Futuro - November 3, 2020
- Community Leaders like Tanya Ortiz Franklin are our Future - November 2, 2020
- ¡Nuestro Hogar Está Aquí! La Decisión de la Corte Suprema de DACA: Lo Que Usted Debe Saber - July 3, 2020
- Home Is Here! DACA Supreme Court Ruling: What You Should Know - June 18, 2020
- Bobby Lee Verdugo, We will Always Honor You and Your Legacy - May 2, 2020