For many working parents and single moms, our biggest dream is that our children will graduate from college. Our dreams sometimes get overshadowed by our fears about how we’re going to pay for it.
But money is there for college. We just need to make sure to have our kids apply for it and also get our own savings going.
Today is National 529 Day. There is a special savings account called the 529 Savings Plan which is designed to help parents pay for college.
ScholarShare is offering a special match if you open an account today. You start an account for $50 and they match it.
There are many options about paying for college and soon we’ll be sharing more information about how to get financial aid. But we wanted to share this with you today since its basically free money for college. It all adds up!
More Details: 529 College Saving Guide
Alma V. Marquez
Latest posts by Alma V. Marquez (see all)
- Mi Hija está a punto de mudarse a la Universidad: Esto es lo que estoy haciendo para Sobrellevarlo - July 15, 2021
- My Daughter is about to move away to College: Here’s what I’m doing to Cope - July 6, 2021
- Happy Father’s Day to all the Papas and Moms like me Doing Double Duty! - June 20, 2021
- Ojalá todos tuvieran una Profesora Chicana como María Elena Yepes: Aquí hay 8 consejos que aprendí de ella sobre ser Fabulosa y Feroz - May 31, 2021
- I wish everybody had a Chicana Professor like Maria Elena Yepes: Here are 8 Tips I learned from her about being Fabulous and Fierce - May 27, 2021