La Comadre Founder, Alma Vivian Márquez, Juan Casas a La Comadre DREAMer, along with LAUSD School Board President Dr. Ref Rodriguez were interviewed at LAUSD headquarters by the Univision reporting team on September 5, 2017. This was the day Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced the Trump administration’s intentions to officially rescind the DACA program. The interview aired that same day during the evening prime time news segment. In the interview, Alma voiced the urgency in the continuous fight for the DREAM Act, and she encouraged everyone to remain hopeful.
Watch a short clip of Alma’s interview here: La Comadre on Univision
Latest posts by Cindy Borbon (see all)
- Enough is Enough: The Robb Elementary Shooting - May 25, 2022
- New Findings That Covid Isolation Has Delayed Children’s Skills - May 4, 2022
- Pasando de Gris a Verde: Transformando los Campus Escolares - April 21, 2022
- La Escasez de Maestros de TK en California: ¿Afectará a su Hijo/a? - April 19, 2022
- Going From Gray to Green: Transforming School Campuses - April 14, 2022