May we never forget that DACA was accomplished because of the fearless undocumented youth and organizers who fought to make it a reality. These young people threatened political structures and presidential re-elections. They risked their livelihood—in risk of deportation. I thank you all for it. Your existence is resistance. You are loved, and you matter.
This time, as we continue the fight, porqué aquí sé respire lucha, it shall not be at the expense of others, this time we’re protecting and advocating for the more than 11 million undocumented folx and refugees in this country. We won’t and we shouldn’t negotiate or compromise the needs of our community. The undocumented immigrant community is resilient, strong, and powerful—and we matter.
Listen, listen, listen, and if you still don’t understand that, LISTEN to the undocumented commUNITY, and let them lead.
As Brittany Packnett once said, ”if your unity is code for silencing me, you can keep it.”
Latest posts by Dulce Ramirez (see all)
- Let’s Help Students Get Their California DREAM Act Applications in Tonight! - March 2, 2018
- Nunca se Olvide de los Líderes Audaces y Temerarios Que Arriesgaron Su Sustento Por DACA - September 7, 2017
- Never forget the Bold and Fearless Leaders Who Risked Their Livelihoods for DACA - September 7, 2017
- Nuestro Futuro Científicos Necesitan el Apoyo de Hermanas, Tías, y Comadres Ahora. - June 7, 2016
- Our Future Scientists Need Sisters, Tias, and Comadres by their Side Now. - June 7, 2016