Michelle King, the superintendent of the Los Angeles Unified School District, has announced that she will be retiring in June, citing continued health issues and confirming that she is battling cancer.
As you may be aware, King has been on sick leave for some time due to an “undisclosed illness” that was rumored to be cancer.
The following message was tweeted today by the LAUSD Board of Education:
Statement by L.A. Unified School Board of Education on the superintendent’s retirement.
“We wholeheartedly support her decision to retire, and will continue to keep her in our thoughts and prayers as she faces the challenges ahead.”
We are all in this together with you. We want to be a resource for you and for all of the children you love. Whether you need some info or you have info to share, you know where to go…LA Comadre.
Latest posts by La Comadre (see all)
- Cómo está Regresando la Escuela de un Salón - July 28, 2022
- ¿Se Debe Exigir a los Estudiantes recitar el Juramento a la Bandera? - June 10, 2022
- 5 Aplicaciones de Salud Mental y Bienestar para descargar ahora Mismo - May 5, 2022
- How the One Room Schoolhouse Is Making a Comeback - May 5, 2022
- El Dinero Importa: Donación de $ 1 millón a Programas de Educación Financiera en LAUSD - April 25, 2022