On August 23, the California legislature passed a bill (AB 406) that will make all charter schools public. This will ensure that all charters school are free to parents and their children and will not be operated by for profit companies.
Nonprofit organizations have led the charter school movement. For the most part, charter schools have been free to parents and children. A very small percentage were run by for profit organizations and charged for children to attend.
By signing AB 406, California legislators show they are committed to ensuring its children receive a free education that is accessible to all students.
AB 406 was supported by the California Teachers Association, the American Federation of the State, County and Municipal employees, the Association of California School Administrators, the California Labor Federation, the California School Boards Association, the California School Employees Association and the California State PTA.
The bill was signed and supported by Governor Jerry Brown on September 7, 2018.
We are all in this together with you. We want to be a resource for you and for all of the children you love. Whether you need some info or you have info to share, you know where to go…LA Comadre.
Latest posts by La Comadre (see all)
- Cómo está Regresando la Escuela de un Salón - July 28, 2022
- ¿Se Debe Exigir a los Estudiantes recitar el Juramento a la Bandera? - June 10, 2022
- 5 Aplicaciones de Salud Mental y Bienestar para descargar ahora Mismo - May 5, 2022
- How the One Room Schoolhouse Is Making a Comeback - May 5, 2022
- El Dinero Importa: Donación de $ 1 millón a Programas de Educación Financiera en LAUSD - April 25, 2022