Do you send your child to your local neighborhood school? If you do not currently have school age children, then the question becomes, would you send your child to your neighborhood school? Check your neighborhood school at the California Dashboard. Put in the names of your local school, elementary, middle and high school.
Let me go first. The local high school for my two step-kids is Pacific. Neither attend the local neighborhood high school. Here’s why:
This is what a chronically and persistent failing school looks like. This is not a charter school, this is a traditional public school, the public school in my neighborhood that my kids would be defaulted into enrolling at based on our zip code. We did not accept this. Would you?
I challenge you to take a look at the traditional public school that you have your child enrolled in based solely on where you live. Let us know how many of your kids are enrolled in one of the states thousands of low performing and failing schools. Post your results here in the comments.
Latest posts by lacomadre (see all)
- One Family and Angelenos Raising Money for Families Facing Hardship During COVID-19 Crisis - March 30, 2020
- La Asociación de Escuelas Chárter de California Establece un Almuerzo para llevar, Para Niños Menores de 18 Años - March 20, 2020
- The California Charter Schools Association Sets Up Grab-and-Go Lunch for Children Under 18 - March 18, 2020
- El Gobernador Newsom Anuncia la Primera Medida para Proteger a Dueños de Casa e Inquilinos - March 17, 2020
- Governor Newsom Issues First Measure in Protecting Homeowners and Tenants - March 17, 2020