La Comadre wants to congratulate former LAUSD School Board Trustee, Yolie Flores, in her new role as National Campaign Director for Parent Nation. We are thrilled that Yolie was picked to head this initiative established to mobilize parents across the nation. Yolie will help lead efforts to provide support for parents in their role as their child’s first and most important teacher.
Yolie Flores served on the LAUSD Board of Education from 2007-2011 for an incredibly successful term that brought parents the school choice policy. Throughout her tenure, Yolie was a fierce champion for education excellence and equality. When she left the district, the following quote appeared in a local interview, “She has been a brave and sometimes, lonely warrior.” Which reminds us of the popular saying, “it’s lonely at the top.”
Latest posts by La Comadre (see all)
- La Pandemia Fue un Enorme Desafío - May 28, 2021
- The Pandemic Was An Enormous Challenge - May 28, 2021
- ¡La Equidad es Justicia! - May 19, 2021
- Yolie Flores es Nombrada Directora de Campaña Nacional para Parent Nation - May 19, 2021
- Las Escuelas Como Refugio Seguro - May 18, 2021