During summer, there’s nothing like an ice cold treat. And while we are huge fans of the paleta man, sometimes you need an option that’s a little healthier on kiddos stomachs – and sugar levels. Which is why we’re loving the below recipe from Baby Foodie:
Strawberry Cherry Beet Popsicles
- strawberries – fresh or frozen
- cherries – fresh or frozen
- cooked beet – home-cooked or store-bought
- vanilla extract
- honey (omit for babies under 1 year)
How To Make:
- Place all ingredients into a blender according to directions.
- Blend for at least 1-2 minutes or until completely smooth, adding in more water if needed. Since we are only making a small amount of mixture for these popsicles, some bigger blenders might have a hard time processing these recipes. If that is the case with your blender, you can either keep scraping down the sides for 10-15 seconds or make a double batch.
- Pour the mixture into the popsicle molds.
- Place the popsicle molds into the freezer and freeze for at least 5 hours or preferably overnight.
- Un-mold and serve!
These popsicles not only taste great but (gasp) even manage to sneak in some veggies! Staying cool and snacking with the kids? Now that’s a win. Check out the linked article for 6 more tasty and healthy popsicle recipes, and let us know what your favorite summer treat is in the comments!
Latest posts by La Comadre (see all)
- Parent Empowerment Makes Schools Stronger - July 29, 2021
- ¡Es Verano! Recetas Saludables de paletas heladas para Bebés y Niños Pequeños - July 19, 2021
- It’s Summer! Healthy Popsicle Recipes for Babies & Toddlers - July 8, 2021
- ¿Siente Ansiedad Post Pandémica? He aquí cómo Afrontar la Situación - June 28, 2021
- Are You Feeling Post-Pandemic Anxiety? Here’s How to Cope - June 23, 2021