These types of headlines are popping up all over the country regarding the single most divisive issue in schools today:
To wear a mask, or not? In the state of California, it is mandated that students wear a mask during the school day. But the debate has been hot in school board meetings across the state. Some parents feel that wearing a mask is somehow an infringement of their rights. On the other hand, some parents want to see all staff and teachers wearing masks at all times. Lately, the news has been riddled with stories of parents fighting over the mask mandate. In a small Northern California district, a parent attacked a teacher over it. The father was upset by the fact that some teachers were inside a school building maskless.
Clearly the parent in the situation was wrong to attack a teacher, but these kinds of exchanges are happening every day throughout California. Both parents and teachers are on edge about in-person instruction, and whether or not it is safe to be meeting in person.
Do you have an opinion? We want to know. Do you agree or disagree with the mask requirement?
Latest posts by La Comadre (see all)
- La Ley de Educación Indígena de California impulsa un plan de estudios ampliado de Estudios Sociales K-12 - January 14, 2022
- A pesar de las Críticas, el Mapa de Redistribución de Distritos del LAUSD es Aprobado por el Ayuntamiento - January 12, 2022
- Por qué los Padres Mienten Sobre sus Códigos Postales para Obtener una Buena Educación - January 11, 2022
- LAUSD Contrata a Nuevo Superintendente Durante Una Especial Sesión Cerrada - January 11, 2022
- LAUSD Hires New Superintendent During Special Closed Session - January 5, 2022