What do you think?
The following two tabs change content below.
Alma V. Marquez
Alma V. Marquez is the founder of LaComadre.org and is the founder and CEO of Del Sol Group, a communications and public affairs firm focusing on Strategy, Outreach and Leadership in Education, Voter and Civic Engagement. She specializes in parent education, politics and community organizing. She is a proud product of California public schools. She is a graduate of Huntington Park High School in Southeast LA. She also completed her all of credit recovery classes at Maxine Waters Occupational Center in Watts in order to graduate from high school. She attended East LA College and transferred to Occidental College where she earned a Bachelor's degree in English and Comparative Literary Students and Politics. She earned a Master of Arts Degree in Urban Planning at UCLA. Her daughter is a junior in a charter school, chartered by LAUSD. She decided to start the LA Comadre blog because she wanted to create a platform for Latinas and education.
Latest posts by Alma V. Marquez (see all)
- Mi Hija está a punto de mudarse a la Universidad: Esto es lo que estoy haciendo para Sobrellevarlo - July 15, 2021
- My Daughter is about to move away to College: Here’s what I’m doing to Cope - July 6, 2021
- Happy Father’s Day to all the Papas and Moms like me Doing Double Duty! - June 20, 2021
- Ojalá todos tuvieran una Profesora Chicana como María Elena Yepes: Aquí hay 8 consejos que aprendí de ella sobre ser Fabulosa y Feroz - May 31, 2021
- I wish everybody had a Chicana Professor like Maria Elena Yepes: Here are 8 Tips I learned from her about being Fabulous and Fierce - May 27, 2021