All Los Angeles Unified School District schools were closed Tuesday after LAUSD received a “credible terror threat,” according to school district officials and police.
More details about the threat were expected to be provided during a Tuesday morning news conference.
Officer Kim of the Los Angeles Police Department told KTLA that the threat prompted the decision from LAUSD Superintendent Ramon Cortines to close all schools until further notice.
The district serves about 700,000 students.
Check back for updates on this developing story.
KTLA’s Alberto Mendez and Irving Last contributed to this story.
Alma V. Marquez
Latest posts by Alma V. Marquez (see all)
- Tengo 47 Años y Quiero ser Doctora - August 31, 2021
- I’m 47 and I want to be a Doctor - August 27, 2021
- Mi Hija está a punto de mudarse a la Universidad: Esto es lo que estoy haciendo para Sobrellevarlo - July 15, 2021
- My Daughter is about to move away to College: Here’s what I’m doing to Cope - July 6, 2021
- Happy Father’s Day to all the Papas and Moms like me Doing Double Duty! - June 20, 2021