All Los Angeles Unified School District schools were closed Tuesday after LAUSD received a “credible terror threat,” according to school district officials and police.
More details about the threat were expected to be provided during a Tuesday morning news conference.
Officer Kim of the Los Angeles Police Department told KTLA that the threat prompted the decision from LAUSD Superintendent Ramon Cortines to close all schools until further notice.
The district serves about 700,000 students.
Check back for updates on this developing story.
KTLA’s Alberto Mendez and Irving Last contributed to this story.
Alma V. Marquez
Latest posts by Alma V. Marquez (see all)
- Líderes Comunitarios como Tanya Ortiz Franklin son Nuestro Futuro - November 3, 2020
- Community Leaders like Tanya Ortiz Franklin are our Future - November 2, 2020
- ¡Nuestro Hogar Está Aquí! La Decisión de la Corte Suprema de DACA: Lo Que Usted Debe Saber - July 3, 2020
- Home Is Here! DACA Supreme Court Ruling: What You Should Know - June 18, 2020
- Bobby Lee Verdugo, We will Always Honor You and Your Legacy - May 2, 2020