ICYMI: Cadet Kevin Ardon was commended by the LAPD Hollenbeck Community Police Station where he received the Lifesaving Medal Award and the Police Commission Distinguished Service Medal. Ardon, a student at Anahuacalmecac University Preparatory High*, was honored for life-saving services to the community. Ardon is a Cadet Sergeant with LAPD as well as an LAFD Cadet.
Ardon rendered life-saving medical treatment to an unknown victim in Boyle Heights while driving in the area. His heroic measures were deemed life-saving, and we are proud that his story has been featured on CBS News via the People making a Difference segment! (Click to watch the video)
As an additional FYI to our readers, the school this courageous young man attends is a local Charter School in Los Angeles that has fought hard to keep its doors opens to these amazing kids and future civic and public servants.
*“Anahuacalmecac International University Preparatory of North America is dedicated to student academic excellence, Native wisdom, and appreciation of the cultural and intellectual heritage of Indigenous Peoples and the promotion of positive social awareness. (School Mission)”
La Comadre Congratulates Cadet Ardon and the Semillas Community Schools family! You make us proud!
Latest posts by Leticia Chavez-Garcia (see all)
- Student Vaccine Mandate in California Scaling Back - June 10, 2022
- Siga estos 5 pasos para solicitar un Permiso de Maestro Suplente en California - May 24, 2022
- Early Childhood Special Education Teachers: The Burnout Crisis - May 24, 2022
- Un Niño con hambre no puede Aprender: La lucha para mantener a los Niños en las Escuelas Alimentados - May 6, 2022
- A Hungry Child Can’t Learn: The Fight to Keep Kids in Schools Fed - April 25, 2022