The California Department of Education (CDE) has just released a mobile app for the California Dashboard. Now you can search for schools or school district information on your phone with relative ease. The app became available on July 2, 2019.
I just downloaded the app onto my phone, and it is available for both android and iPhone, so I could test drive it and review it. I tried it out and was impressed at first by the ease of use. Initially, when you open the app and are on the home or search page, you simply enter the school or district that you want information on, and you go right to the list. However, once you choose the school and you are directed to the dashboard page, the interface is funky and needs work.
The CDE should work on this issue. Currently, you have to scroll right for screen interaction, which is not very user friendly, especially for those who are not as tech savvy as others.
Overall, the app does provide information at your fingertips for schools and is useful. I prefer this app to the actual website. I would recommend that you download the app and stay informed about your neighborhood public schools, both traditional and charter. Remember, knowledge is power!
*There are other apps available on the CDE website as well. Here is a list of those.
- CA Meals for Kids Mobile Application
A mobile application that locates nearby California Afterschool and Summer Meal Programs sites.
- CA Schools Mobile Application User Manual
Support page for the CA Schools Mobile Application.
- CA Standards Mobile Application
The CA Standards mobile app provides quick, targeted access to California content standards.
- CDE Mobile Applications
List of mobile applications that were developed and currently being maintained by CDE.
Latest posts by Leticia Chavez-Garcia (see all)
- Los Padres Forman una Unión Nacional en Nueva Orleans - January 20, 2020
- Parents Form a National Union in New Orleans…Finally - January 19, 2020
- Pobres Puntajes de Exámenes en California Deberían Impulsar a la Gente a Mirar de Cerca el Desempeño de los Maestros - October 23, 2019
- Los Votantes Primarios Demócratas Apoyan a las Escuelas Chárter, Mientras Que Muchos Demócratas Elegidos No - October 22, 2019
- Poor Test Scores in California Should Prompt Folks to Look Closely at Teacher Performance - October 22, 2019