At least 1,800 people reportedly lost wages or tax refunds according to the filing.
“At best it is gross negligence, at worst it’s an intentional flouting of my order,” Kim said, reported Bloomberg.
A judge is talking about jail after finding that the Secretary of Education, Betsy DeVos, is a lying, soulless psychopath…and defying a court order to forgive student loan debt for those who were victims of the closed schools such as Corinthian College, Inc. After the court ordered the Department of Education to work with students to forgive their loans, DeVos and her team continue to harass students into paying their loans.
The judge who ordered the loan forgiveness program, US Magistrate Judge Sallie Kim is not happy at all and offered the possibility of jail for DeVos. The Newsweek article states that at least 1,800 have lost their wages or tax refunds in direct violation of the June 2018 ruling. We have to hold people accountable at all levels.
Personally, I feel jail would be a very appropriate course of action, not just because it’s a violation of the law, but also to show this rogue administration that their willful defiance of the laws of this land have consequences. Let Betsy be the first active member of the Trump administration to do the perp walk.
Let’s all speak a little something into the universe to make sure that this deranged woman gets what she deserves. If you are Catholic, then light a candle. Any and all religious folks please do your thing so she can be brought to justice.
Latest posts by Leticia Chavez-Garcia (see all)
- Es Hora de Hablar Sobre la Justicia Restaurativa en las Escuelas de California - September 20, 2021
- Is my Child Safe at School in a COVID World? - September 20, 2021
- It’s Time to Talk About Restorative Justice In California Schools - September 15, 2021
- ¿Qué Significa Votar No en la Revocatoria de California? - August 27, 2021
- What does Voting No on Recall Mean for California? - August 26, 2021