You most likely have already received a ballot for a special election on September 14th, 2021. What you have received is a ballot to vote in the recall election of Governor Gavin Newsom. It is very important that you return your mailed ballot and vote NO on the recall. There are several reasons why. Here are just a few:
- The current term of Governor Newsom will end on November 8, 2022. That’s 14 months from now. Whether you like or dislike the governor, the fact is that he hasn’t done anything that rises to the level of what we would consider behavior that justifies removal from office. Do we at times disagree with policies or personal behavior? Maybe. But if we do, then we can vote him out in November, like normal people.
- The recall is sponsored by the extreme right-wing of the Republican Party, and they are mostly upset because their Savior Donald Trump lost to Joe Biden. Those overzealous GOP extremists (you know, the fiscally conservative ones) are costing the state over 80M dollars to hold a special election. Ironically, they must not be too serious about replacing the Governor considering that the GOP did not even find a single candidate running as viable, likable, or competent enough to endorse as a replacement!
- Disrupting the term of the Governor midstream would be more chaotic than ever considering we are still dealing with a full-blown pandemic. We are trying to avoid another state closure, though it seems inevitable with the rising Delta variant. We are trying to resume in-person education and businesses reopening — this is not the time for a substitute Governor!
- We have maintained our status as the 5th largest economy in the world and have a surplus of money, despite the pandemic and closures. However you feel about Newsom, our state has continued to thrive.
- All the incompetent candidates are a threat to any progress we have made as a state, and we cannot risk going backward! One candidate wants the minimum wage set back to $0.00!! Larry Elder, who is theoretically the front runner if the recall holds, has some of the most backward and draconian ideas we have heard! We cannot let this man be Governor. Another GOP candidate with dubious qualifications, Caitlyn Jenner, of Kardashian reality TV fame (and an avid Donald Trump fan) wants a wall at the border!
Latest posts by Leticia Chavez-Garcia (see all)
- Despues de la aprobación de la FDA, los estudiantes de California de 5 a 11 años requerirán la vacuna Covid-19 - October 21, 2021
- Following FDA Approval, California Students Ages 5-11 Will Require Covid-19 Vaccination - October 18, 2021
- Explicación de la tarjeta EBT en la pandemia para estudiantes de California - September 29, 2021
- California Pandemic EBT for Students Explained - September 27, 2021
- ¿Está Mi Hijo Seguro en la Escuela en un Mundo COVID? - September 23, 2021